Project #2: Personalized Congratulations Travel Theme Banner
- Paper cutter
- Red, white and blue card stock 8 1/2 x 11 (you will need half of the amount of letters you have)
- Decorative 12 x 12 paper (I used map like paper)
- Carbon tracing paper
- Black felt pen and ball point pen
- Glue stick or rubber cement
- Exact-o knife
- Using Microsoft Word create block letters fitting 2 per 8 1/2 x 11 piece of paper spelling what you would like on the banner-Congrats, Happy Retirement, etc.
- Using trace paper, trace letter onto the back of the travel themed paper. Make sure this is the reverse image of the letter as you are doing it on the back of the printed paper.
- Get as many traced letters on to each piece of paper.
- Cut out all of the traced letters. For your background paper cut each in half so it measures 8 1/2 by 5 1/2.
- Glue each letter to the back ground paper and let dry completely.
- Using a hole punch-I chose a two prong one for the ribbon to go through-punch two holes on the top corners of the background paper.
- String all of the letters to spell your message and hang the banner! I had two words so I tied the ribbon in a bow in between the words.Congrats to a first class retiree!