My good friend is having a baby girl in December! I am so excited and had to make a hat for her! I kinda made this without a pattern and saw a hat like it on Etsy that was too cute!
- Baby yarn in two colors, I used white and green and it was a soft cotton I believe
- US 8 circular and double point needles
- Yarn needle
- Cast on 60 with MC using the double cast on method
- Knit in the round and place marker at beginning for about 2 1/2″
- Knit in CC for 1″
- Knit MC until whole piece measures 5″
- Change to double point needles, knit 8, k2tg to end
- knit 7, k2tg
- knit 6, k2tg
- knit 5, k2tg
- knit 4, k2tg
- knit 3, k2tg
- knit 2, k2tg
- knit 1, k2tg
- k2tg and then using yarn needle pull stitches together
- To make bow cast on 10 in CC and knit to about 5″ or desired size of bow
- Wrap CC around middle of bow and tighten and sew to hat in CC band.
- Put on baby to keep warm!
I love how easy and quick a baby knit hat is. All I ever want to knit is baby projects, and only a few friends have kids right now so maybe this Fall I’ll make a bunch of baby hats to stock up for future friends little ones!
Have any knitting patterns I must try??